Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Test Date Recommended for 2019-2020 Application Cycle?

CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
edited May 2019 in General 148 karma

Hi all,

I juuuust finished the full CC (finally) and am gonna begin doing PTs ahead of the July LSAT I am registered for. My plan was to take it in July, but if I didn't get the score I wanted, retake it again in September. Given that I won't know my score until the September Registration deadline has passed it appears the next test I could register for with such knowledge is the October 28th one.

I am hoping to apply to law schools to start in 2020, with a couple of those programs requiring me to apply by 12/31/19. My question is, if I take it again in October will that give me enough time to still be competitive in my applications? What's the latest someone could take the test and still be able to apply without it being consider suboptimal?

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I would apply early to schools using my September score and then I would just update my application with my October lsat score as soon as I get it. I think latest to take it would be November. The only reason I think people would take Jan/Feb/March is if they are on the waitlist to a school and want to increase their chances or they are delaying their cycle by a year. You could for sure apply to schools in January but your chances are lowered by applying that late.