LSAC Last Minute Testing Center Changed - Standby Candidate

Jaclyn PoonJaclyn Poon Core Member
edited May 2019 in General 10 karma

I received an email this morning that I've been relocated to a different testing center that is way too far out for me. I was so pissed because the test is 4 days away so I called LSAC and they told me that I can be a "standby candidate". This means that I can show up to any testing facility and they will accept me as long as I have my ticket with me. They gave a few options where the testing centers are closer and there are open spots, but I'm worried that they won't let me in. They told me to just show up earlier and tell the proctors about my situation. I'm worried that since I'm on "standby" that I'll have last priority into being let in the testing room. I'm so conflicted as to what to do because I want to go to one of the centers that are closer to me, but I'm worried that I won't be let in because the ticket shows a different location.

Has this happened to anyone here? Should I stick with the location that they stuck me with or should I take the chance and go to a center of my choice? I'm so stressed and frustrated so any advice/words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@"Jaclyn Poon" Hey I got the same message this morning and I called they told me the same thing about the standby situation. I told them thats too risky i'm going to stick with my assigned center, i'm not going to risk not taking the test when i've worked this hard. However they assigned me to a center thats around 10 minutes from where I live but I dislike the center since the desks are too small. I think you should stick with your location and not take the chance in not being let in. Look at it this way, the farther it is the more time you can zone in on yourself and wake up earlier to be at your peak when you get there.

• Jaclyn PoonJaclyn Poon Core Member
    10 karma

@DivineRaze The one they stuck me with also has small desks and I've heard that there are an insane amount of distractions, so I'm worried about that as well. I think test day anxiety is just getting to me and this is adding onto my worries :( thanks for your response and encouragement!