Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Hypothetical Mess Up

JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
edited June 2019 in Logic Games 142 karma

Hey Guys,

Is it possible to mess up one rule in a sequencing game, but go through all the questions without even realizing it???

Why I ask this is because: I was doing PT 43 S4 Game 2, and i messed up the last rule where VZ row closer than O. Instead I diagrammed as VL row closer than O.

The questions never made me realize I committed this fatal error, until question 12 (the very last question of the game) where i realized my big mess up.

Now the question is, is it possible that maybe in a future LG, I will just never realize i diagrammed one rule incorrectly and get alllllll the questions wrong in a simple sequencing game???

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Yes, that is possible. I have done similar things before, but it also depends on the rule. It does seem like on some games the LSAT will have incorrect answers waiting for you if you misunderstood a rule or forgot about it, or else they will not build a question about a certain rule until the very last question to see if you forgot about it. Other times, I have misdiagrammed a rule and nothing is working on the very first question and I am able to see my error right there before I go any further.

In short, it depends. It is possible that you might not be forced to notice your error, but it isn't necessarily likely that you will generally be able to answer all questions to a game with a rule backwards either

• JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
    142 karma

Ahh, yeah that is very reasonable. Thanks for your answer. I been redoing and redrilling these old games, and this is the first time I encountered messing up one rule and never forced by the questions to see this error, (at least until the very last question).

Now I am scared I messed up the June 2019 LSAT, what if they never forced me to catch my errors and trapped me the whole time LOLOLOL

Overthinking

• LSATTrevLSATTrev Member
    68 karma

This is why it's worth the time to do the "point and call" protocol that is referenced in the CC. I've fucked up an embarrassing amount of sequencing games by putting the pieces in front when they're supposed to go behind and vice versa. Take the time to underline the nature of the relationship between the game pieces on each rule. It'll cost a few more seconds at most and makes it less likely for such a catastrophe to occur.