non-binding early decision

What is the significance of a non-binding early decision that some schools offer? does that mean that if i am accepted early that i am not stuck going to that school? and if so does that mean i can apply to more than one non-binding early decision school?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

If a candidate is admitted through a non-binding early decision program, the candidate is not bound to attend that law school. The candidate is also allowed to apply to any other non-binding ED programs as well as regular entry programs. It is the binding ED programs that limit the candidate in applying to just one binding ED program. Although, if you look at the application deadlines for ED at various schools, you might be able to apply to multiple ED programs based on when final ED decisions are released for a particular school. If you read the instructions on the law school's website and find any of it confusing, you should definitely call the admissions office and just ask an admissions officer about the necessary qualifications for the program. Good luck!

• 21 karma

Thanks so much!