Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practicing Passages that are comparative (new style of RC)

mark.simonds77mark.simonds77 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in Reading Comprehension 16 karma
With my account access, I have access to test content from the early 2000's to 2009. But RC passages that use the comparative Passage A, Passage B format aren't until the later years. Should I still be using the earlier tests as practice for RC? Does anyone have any suggestions? or know where I can access to some of these type of RC passages?

Cheers,

Mark

Comments

• joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Yes, practice on the early ones first. You don't want to burn recent material until you get close to test day. Some folks think the newer RC is harder, some don't. The comparative is easiest if you have a good RC strategy already in place. By this I mean figure out if JY's memory method, or some other RC technique, works for you, practice it, then move to newer material as you get better.

PT 52 is where I remember seeing the first comparative RC passages.
  • mark.simonds77mark.simonds77 Alum Member
    16 karma
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate the advice.

Mark
  • bpnielsen-1bpnielsen-1 Alum Member
    22 karma
    If you are taking the February test, then I recommend you start using some of the more recent RC's because they do seem to be a bit harder and you don't want to wait to only a few weeks before test day to be able to master them. Just my two cents. If you aren't doing February, then yes practice with older tests until you master them and then move into the more recent exams/RC's so you can build up your practice/strategy/accuracy and time.