Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with study schedule

zcohen0813zcohen0813 Alum Member
in General 64 karma

Hey everyone. I’m looking for some help in creating a weekly study schedule for myself for the September 21st exam. I started studying about a month ago using the LSAT Trainer, and saw an increase in score from a 142 diagnostic to a 149.

After I completed the book, I went ahead and purchased a copy of every PT from 29-82. Over the past 2 weeks I’ve been drilling and taking PT’s twice a week. My schedule is

Monday: PT/Review
Tuesday: Drill 1 LG section
Wednesday: Drill 2 LR sections
Thursday: PT/Review
Friday: Drill 1 RC section and 1 LG section
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Review all work from previous week/Drill weakest section type from that week

Should I make any adjustments to my schedule or be doing anything differently? Has anyone made a schedule for themselves that they used and recommend? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2019 1866 karma

Hey there!

I think in the beginning you can stick with one PT a week, maybe even one PT every two weeks as you improve your knowledge of the material. When I started, reviewing a PT took me at least two to three days, especially when I did a clean-copy blind review.

You have it right with the drilling--that's what will actually improve your score rather than PTing. I also recommend foolproofing LG (using PTs 29 through 40); if you're missing a solid number of points on LG this will really help boost your score. For your review on Sunday, you could redo individual questions from the PT you took that week or the weeks prior, or drill an old section you struggled with. Lastly, I'd stick with using PTs 29 through 40 solely for drilling, and save the rest for full PT-ing.