Please help - am I doing it right? Pt 155 BR 167

MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
in General 976 karma

Hi all and thanks in advance. Is my method of approach optimal?

My target goal is 170+ by Nov and I began studying in Feb. I did not do a baseline BR / PT. I finished Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer, I've done about 4-5 timed PT's and BR's.

I am working through the Lawschooli LR curriculum and will focus on 7sage's LG videos afterwards. My weak points are...everything. In BR I do well on LG but struggle in LR and RC. Is my approach apt if I want to get 170+ in Nov?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The jump from mid 150s to the 170s is really hard, and it takes a lot of people a year or more. You could be really gifted and pull it off in 4 months, but it’s going to be difficult. I think most people here will recommend 7sage’s curriculum, but it takes at least two months to get through. If you started it now that would give you two months to PT

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@Demarkee727 To get a 170 in my opinion you have to be able to recognize little nuances in sentences and answer choices that will make things clearer or more concrete and I think the only way that someone could get to that level is with extensive practice or being gifted in some form. If you doing BR then you are already off to a good start since it helps you understand your weak points for sure. It took me about a year to get to 170+, I started from a 148 diagnostic. I learned LR by teaching myself to be honest, I couldn't really grasp the LR lessons from any self-study program, LG I just got good from practicing it a lot and RC I just read it and go with my gut on the answers. It's hard to say if your approach is appropriate because everyone is different like MissChanandler said. Mike Kims Trainer is superb and it definitely helped me with LR and RC, for the LG portion 7sage is bar none in my opinion.