Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

scrap paper or not?

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 1501 karma
Can one use scrap paper or not during the LSAT? I have seen a couple of different things re: scrap paper... I took one PT and I thought it said no scrap paper.. and then reading an LSAT superprep book from the LSAC it provides advice on how to abbreviate or shorthand for your notes, is this just in terms of studying and not during the test?

Comments

• GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
    79 karma
    No you cannot. However, you don't need it because you are given plenty of space (especially for logic games) on the test. You'll notice 7sage LG practice section has one question on the introduction page of a logic game then the additional questions on the following page. It is EXACTLY like that. You can write all over the section you are in within the test booklet.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    You can't have scrap paper, but you can write in the test book. There is plenty of room for notes in the book -- the layout is exactly the same as it is on the PTs. Note that the layout of the logic games has changed in recent years; each game is now spread out over two pages, allowing for more room for notes.
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    Oh wow, thanks! I was wondering that - if I could use my test pages for notes. And I did not do it.. I took my first PT on a whim, timed myself, read the instructions and started. All the while wishing I could be writing out some of my answers. Good to know. Not too satisfied with my first PT score, but a little hopeful now that I know I may have done better had I worked on some answers on paper. Definitely plenty of room on the test page. I'm taking the June LSAT, and hope to bump my score at least 15 points, 20+ would be ideal.