Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

169 Diagnostic --> (Goal) 175 Avg

JPCAY12234JPCAY12234 Free Trial Member
edited July 2019 in General 49 karma

Diag'd a 169 on the Sept. 2006 PT, stuck at a high of 171, plan is to take 2-3 PTs a week leading to the September LSAT. I'm worried about the PT --> actual score drop-off. Anyone else taking September LSAT?

Comments

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

I was, but then I realized I wont have enough time to study. When did you take your first PT diagnostic score?

• JPCAY12234JPCAY12234 Free Trial Member
    49 karma

@ebby_luna said:
    I was, but then I realized I wont have enough time to study. When did you take your first PT diagnostic score?

In April, but I didn't study again until June 6, and only started regularly taking them beginning June 23

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 470 karma

@"joshua.cayetano" said:
    I'm worried about the PT --> actual score drop-off. Anyone else taking September LSAT?

You can mitigate this somewhat by trying to simulate test day as much as possible. It could be worth doing this once a week just to get used to it -- wake up, do whatever your morning routine will be for test day, then commute somewhere (an empty classroom, library, etc.) and take your PT at the same time as the exam in September. Adhere strictly to the test-day rules: only have a ziploc bag with the allowable items, only allow yourself to use the restroom during the break, etc.

I did this before taking the LSAT and found that test day felt like more of the same rather than some unique stressful day.