Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT PT Vol 6 (72-81) vs. 82+ tests... are they THAT different???

fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
in General 404 karma

Hi guys!

I am in need of some Hail Mary encouragement but also want to be realistic... I'm taking tomorrow's test haha

I am a full time working professional and have 2 kids. Since sitting the Nov 2018 test as a "base line" (161), I THOUGHT I was seeing drastic improvement in my scores... I sat the March 2019 test and scored 161 again, but our testing center had some unusual circumstances that were distracting (our proctor informed LSAC of the anomalies but we weren't given much choice other than cancel + free test or see your score and no free test... I chose to see my score just in case).

Since March 2019, I've been fairly consistent in my studies and had been doing 1 PT per week... from May to June I was consistently scoring 166-170 and I was using mostly PT Vol 5 and 6 (used other older tests for drills and digital practice).

Well, I purchased PT 87 and bombed it at 159...!! I had never received that score before. Some things I noticed... whereas when I was scoring in the high 160s, I was averaging -4 on each RC and LR sections, the recent PTs are about -10 for RC and -8 for just one of the LR. WHAT GIVES?!

I did notice that these newer tests "feel different"... am I just crazy and stressing out too much or are the differences between Vol 6 and recent PTs (82+) substantial enough to impact test day performance?