Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best thing you can do after taking the LSAT

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
in General 1049 karma

I tell all of my students to do exactly what I did after each time I took the LSAT.

I wrote down my takeaways about the whole experience – the things that went well, the things that I didn’t anticipate and wanted to prepare for next time, and anything else I want to be aware of and improve upon.

As much as you can simulate your PTS to be like the real thing, there’s just something about going to an official exam. Whether it’s dealing with proctors, the air in the room, nerves getting to you, or, of course, the substance of the test questions.

I took the LSAT three times. Each time I wrote down my takeaways in a place where I could access them regularly. For me it was my iPhone in the notes section, for you maybe it’s someplace else. But use that information to prepare for your next take. I used the time before my next exam to replicate the things that went well and problem solve the things that needed to be improved.

Ideally, this will be your last take, but in the chance that it’s not, this information is invaluable.

One last thing – do this ASAP. Whether it’s when you leave the test center or if you need a break, sometime tonight. But make sure you do it while this information is fresh in your mind.

Comments

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

I do this too!
    I also jot down my routine 2 days leading up to it so that I can figure out what I liked/regretted. For example, today's test was the 3rd time I took it and for the first time, I took a PT yesterday whereas in the past I didn't do anything the day before... I definitely prefer doing no test prep the day before and day of.

And this might be TMI, but I had jotted down in the past what my "bathroom urgency" was like... because I have this anxiety that I'll have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the test and having past notes that said I was fine quells those micro anxieties.

• Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma

Haha. In this case it’s not exactly TMI. I always tell my students to simulate the test is much is possible, and that includes being hydrated while making sure that you can minimize your bathroom breaks the way you have to on test day.

Some additional points:

Take similar notes after every PT. Maybe store them in an Excel sheet or something.

Use the process – the PTS, what you’ve learned from actual LSAT takes, to create an “evolving“ Review Sheet. Basically a word document that you can update as you make progress to remind you what to focus on. You can look at this document before every PT and LSAT exam.

• Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma

BUMP! If you took the LSAT today, please take a few minutes to do this NOW!

The benefits are invaluable!

For your convenience, my original post is below:

I tell all of my students to do exactly what I did after each time I took the LSAT.

I wrote down my takeaways about the whole experience – the things that went well, the things that I didn’t anticipate and wanted to prepare for next time, and anything else I want to be aware of and improve upon.

As much as you can simulate your PTS to be like the real thing, there’s just something about going to an official exam. Whether it’s dealing with proctors, the air in the room, nerves getting to you, or, of course, the substance of the test questions.

I took the LSAT three times. Each time I wrote down my takeaways in a place where I could access them regularly. For me it was my iPhone in the notes section, for you maybe it’s someplace else. But use that information to prepare for your next take. I used the time before my next exam to replicate the things that went well and problem solve the things that needed to be improved.

Ideally, this will be your last take, but in the chance that it’s not, this information is invaluable.

One last thing – do this ASAP. Whether it’s when you leave the test center or if you need a break, sometime tonight. But make sure you do it while this information is fresh in your mind.

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Can you copy and paste an example of what notes you took after an LSAT / PT? What you mentioned makes sense, I'm curious to see what other people take note of. I wrote down about having little time for review in EC, getting tired around section 4-5, and how I felt prepared for LG.