Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do when there’s time remaining after LG

HeyaaaaaaHeyaaaaaa Alum Member
in Logic Games 99 karma

I usually finish all games in about 25 minutes and for harder sections, about 30 minutes. Mostly, i’d go -0 on LG but once in every 10PTs or so i’d get one wrong as a result of a stupid mistake. I find myself just sitting there for the remaining 5-10 minutes for LG not knowing what exactly to do. I also try to reread the rules and see if I wrote them down correctly, but even after that I I have time left.

What do you recommend me doing? Should I just take a deep breath, prepare myself mentally for the next sections and treat it as a mini break or is there something specific I can do to check my work?

Comments

• carolineannemosscarolineannemoss Alum Member
    11 karma

I found this happening to myself as well and I'd make a stupid mistake if I was going so fast.

Usually I was right, BUT I think it could be beneficial to make yourself slow down just a little bit. Double check up front that you've made all the inferences and set up your game boards correctly. I've found that when I spend more time up front I make fewer stupid mistakes and really force myself to be sure of my initial answers.

Overall having extra time isn't a terrible problem to have.