Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July LSAT make-up today

zcohen0813zcohen0813 Alum Member
in General 64 karma

Hey everyone,

I was in one of the test centers that got cancelled on July 15 and finally took my LSAT today. I’m planning to sit for the September exam as well. How long of a break should I take before I begin studying again?

Comments

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    203 karma

Out of curiosity, did they still give you the tablet version of the exam? And was it the same exam that everyone else took?

• zcohen0813zcohen0813 Alum Member
    64 karma

@Like_Spike we were given a paper exam. And based off what I read on the forums, I believe we were given a different exam.

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    edited July 2019 203 karma

Oh wow, I’m mildly surprised to hear that both of those occurred! But the more I think about it maybe I shouldn’t be, haha. Thanks @zcohen0813.

To answer your question, I’d say it depends on how long you’ve been studying. If you’ve been grinding away for say the last 4-6 months, then you should give yourself some time - I’d say 10-14 days at this point of true, unconditional relaxation and then get back at it. For me, any longer than 2 weeks and I found it really hard to gain back the motivation - I got comfortable with having no study regimen very quickly. I also think it’s good to begin to get back into it a little bit before you receive your score back - if in the case that you don’t do as well as you’d hoped you’ll already be back in the groove/flow and it’ll be easier to brush off said underperformance much more easily. And then you’ll have about a month from that point (mid-late August) to re-immerse until the September exam. Wishing you the best!