Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know if LSATDemon is worth it if one has a membership on 7sage

Trisiras AtlasTrisiras Atlas Alum Member
in General 38 karma

Hey everyone,
I am curious does 7sage have anything similar to lsat demon with question bank and video explainations following it? Thank you

Comments

• DanielB84DanielB84 Alum Member
    edited August 2019 95 karma

Would also like to know which tests they get their practice materials from. Thanks in advance.

• sillyquillysillyquilly Member
    121 karma

So I'm not familiar with LSATDemon, but 7Sage has an amazing question bank and video explanation feature. If you go under Resources > Problem Sets, you can customize drills you want to do, take it digitally or create a PDF, and there is even an option to do BR! Depending on what package you have you will have more or less practice material available. 7Sage only uses REAL LSAT questions. Rest assured, when you're studying you wont be practicing on a fake question.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think you can get a free trial to sample the Demon and each question will say which test it's from.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

On the Demon you can also select, to a certain extent, which PTs you want them to pull from. I'm in a free trial and I have mine set from the beginning of PTs up through 34, since I started taking full PTs at PT 35. I was hoping I would cherry-pick, but that's not the case.

@sillyquilly The Demon also only uses real LSAT questions.

So far, I appreciate 7Sage's UX much more. I'm also tempted, on the Demon, to do loads of questions just to improve my rating, rather than to really think through things, so I have to fight against that temptation. But that's just me and my response to gamification.

Do the 7-day trial! Just remember to cancel before they begin to charge you at the end of your trial if you've decided that you don't like it much.

• thecmancanthecmancan Alum Member
    161 karma

I have PowerScore books, LSAT Trainer, tried LSAT Demon, tried LSAT Labs and Loophole Book.

In all honesty, I appreciate JY's video explanations way more than any written explanation. Sometimes he can be vague, sometimes he misses things or makes errors. But in general, it's the way he thinks, his attitudes towards the crappy arguments and even crappier answer choices are what the real value is.

You have a rare insight into how a top scorer carves up a question, an argument, diagram a rule.

That alone, is worth the price of admission.

The only other interface that I kind of like is LSATLab. But their core lessons and explanations are not even close to the compendious work of JY.

So if you want to make your own "LSATDemon" like app, I got Quizlet. Then I make flashcards out of the questions and type my own answers and explanations. On tough ones, I paste in particular explanations that helped me understand the question. So then for $10 or $15 a year, you can reproduce the basic functionality of the LSATDemon. It just takes a little bit of work creating those flashcards.

Here's the one I'm working on for PT1-35 strengthen questions. https://quizlet.com/_6tgy09

Password is 7sage