Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much of a tilt can you put the tablet at during digital Lsat?

cthornton582cthornton582 Alum Member
in General 10 karma

I heard the tablets have a stand. How much can you use them to tilt the screen?

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Per the forums, a maximum of a 30 degree angle, it seems. There's photos if you search.

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

At my test center, no one seemed to care or to even check the screen level. I hope they do not enforce the 30 degree rule, because, depending on where you sit and the type of lights, the glare can be very distracting. I had to put my tablet at nearly 80 degrees to avoid the glare from fluorescent lighting.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited August 2019 2689 karma

30 degrees is the limit set by LSAC (meaning how tall it can get during test day.. they don't want other people being able to see your screen). The tablets could not be taller than the desk than 3" at any point, per LSAC. The stand is very adjustable and you can adjust it at many different degrees -- including nearly vertical -- and it holds rather well. Go by a Microsoft store or Walmart and play with a surface tablet. They're pretty neat.
    TL;DR: The tablets themselves are super adjustable and hold well, it's just LSAC rules on how much they want YOU to adjust it during test day.