Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: apply now for one or all at once?

AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member

Hi guys!
So.. I have a slight conundrum. Applications are open now for one of my target schools, but doesn't open until September for the other school I want to apply at.
Should I apply now to the one that is open and then apply to the other later, OR should I just wait two weeks and apply to both at the same time?
My concern is that I want to possibly use the second to get the first to bump up if they don't offer a full ride. But I will be waiting on the second school for a while to do this. I do have a primary preference, but both schools are awesome.

What should I do: apply all at once or separately?
  1. Should I:11 votes
    1. Wait two weeks, send apps all at same time
      45.45%
    2. Apply to the one then the other later
      54.55%

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

You are early enough that you can take your time perfecting everything, but when you are done you could probably submit. Some schools offer scholarships with admission and others offer it later on. You don't have to decide between offers right away and can come back to negotiate after you've got a better idea of your competing offers.

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

I refer you to the admissions package that you have with your 7Sage account. I am send all my apps the first day they open. Then, negotiation scholarships in March. Finally, making my decision in April/ May. This journey is a long one, make sure you don't settle early!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The two week difference doesn't even mean you'll get admitted to one two weeks earlier. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're ready, then I'd go ahead and apply