Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth spending time on the Loophole book question types?

in General 615 karma

For those of you with the loophole book and CC, did you find Chapter 9 and on to be helpful?
I found the book helpful so far, but would opt to skip if there's not much new stuff.

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

I bought the book and read up to chapter 8 but then I stopped because I felt like I was jumping all over the place in terms of prep materials. So since then, I've been focusing completely on 7Sage materials. I found the basic translation drills helpful and that's something I still do when I encounter a challenging stimuli. If you have the time to review the book- I don't think it will hurt- its definitely engaging!

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

I love that book too. I love the loophole and CLIR methods on LR.

• 615 karma

@Hopeful9812 hmmmm... leaning towards skipping the rest of the book:) You're right about jumping all over the place... would be better to reinforce what I already know.

@SCLawbae I do find the drills and CLIR method helpful. I guess I'll restart PTs since I don't have much time left.

• YouveGotMailYouveGotMail Alum Member
    78 karma

I actually finished this book and it helped me immensely with LR! I recommend at least reading up to chapter 12 and even reading it if you have the time! Ellen’s material on answer choices (especially her powerful-provable categorization) were very helpful to me. Those chapters did a great job helping me recognize types of flawed answer choices and as such, helped me become more efficient at eliminating them.