Assumption Question - HELP!!

soha_ahmed25soha_ahmed25 Free Trial Member
edited September 2019 in Logical Reasoning 32 karma

What im struggling with is picking the answer- when i pick my answer im like 100% its correct and then i find out im wrong. Im picking the ans with with the most relevance and still getting it wrong! WHAT DO I DO?

eg: Pt3 sec 2
- Q3 - i picked A but ans is D---> WHY? what does Diet have to do with anything here???

PT3 Sec 4
- Q12 - I picked C but ans is E --> whats does instructions have to do with anything? also it doesnt connect with the conclusion of watching tv less will give us more math abilities

Like i just dont understand why these are the ans, when the ans i have picked are relevant to the passage

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

For Q3:
    A is wrong because we do not know about all children -- we only know about Eu. & NA children. Where does it say all children? All children can include Canadians, Africans, etc.

D is correct because the argument is basically saying that "[European] schoolchildren devote time during each school day to calisthenics", tests prove that Eu> NA in physical fitness, then the argument concludes that NA kids can become fit ONLY IF they engage in calisthenics.

So it has to be that "School calisthenics are an indispensable factor in European children’s superior physical fitness." (This is D btw -- the one about diet is E, and I agree, thats completely random.

For Q12:

C is wrong because we do not know about children who WANT to do well in advanced measurement & we do not know what they WILL do.

If the advanced measurement and geometric concepts availible to children in the US WAS substantially worse than that of SK, then can we really conclude that watching less TV will enable children to do well? No. Maybe its the measurement system thats the issue -- so, this assumption HAS to be true in order for the argument to hold.

I hope this is helpful for you!

• soha_ahmed25soha_ahmed25 Free Trial Member
    32 karma

Thank you so much @Lolo1996