Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips to keep stamina up for duration of the digital test

a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
in General 307 karma

Consistently in practice tests, my first section is my best with each subsequent section scoring worse than the previous. On the PT I just took, section 1 was LR and I got -3. Section 4 was the second LR and I got -11. I find that my stamina greatly diminishes after each section, especially with the digital test. It’s harder to concentrate, both on what the words mean and the screen itself.

Does anyone have any stamina tips for the digital test? Is it just practice? Also, is it possible that the two LR sections vary that drastically in difficulty?

Thanks!

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@a1ex_682 Usually the LR sections differ in difficulty and there are sections that are made easier to make up for the more difficult sections but overall they are supposed to be the same difficulty for all LSATs. As far as for stamina I would say maybe pause, take a deep breath before you begin the next section.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

I would say that the tips you need would depend on how your blind review scores look.

Generally speaking, two strategies that will help are intensive blind review (which will make you go through the questions quicker while using less mental energy) and practicing under timed conditions. I found the former helped me out much more but that was because my blind review scores were not at 180.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I increased my stamina by completing 2 timed PTs back-to-back several times. Do one new prep test and one you’ve already finished to conserve PTs. By doing this you enhance your ability to maintain focus and a single 5 section test becomes easier.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin wow! that's incredible, thanks for the advice

• Maria K-GMaria K-G Free Trial Member
    18 karma

I have been doing 6 sections for every PT I take. I usually take the extra sections from the last PT I completed. That has helped a lot for me