URM? International/non-traditional

sebabigattisebabigatti Free Trial Member

Hi everyone,
I'm kind of an uncommon case and could not find an exact reply to my questions. So here we go:
I've got a 162 in the LSAT and a 3.4 undergrad gpa.
I moved to the US, because of my dad's work, when I was 15 and due to previous foreign education, skipped a few years and graduated with 16.
I had a basic level of English and where I come from nobody moves cities for Universiry nor is there any application process. Therefore I went to an ok public school.
I didn't know what to major in and choose a hard STEM major. I kind of struggled and once I changed to something I liked my GPA was better. Since I did now know when I had to leave the US i took summer school and finish my undergrad in less than 3 years.
After that, due to work restrictions I did an MBA where I got an improved GPA.
I have 5 nationalities, one of them Mexican and I use to have a green card. I've lived in 3 different continents and have travelled to 70+ countries so I'm quite international. Therefore I want to do international law (i'm open to either private or public.)
My questions are:
1) Will I get an URM boost?
2) Should I ED somewhere?
I'm applying to pretty much all the top 14 schools and if I don't get in I'll retake or rethink my career path.
I currently live in a very expensive country and cannot afford to take a few months to study for the LSAT.
I've been working for the past 6 years in private and investment banking for 16+ hours a day so I could not focus as much as I wanted. However for personal reasons I do not want to delay anymore my applications.
BTW I've received fee waivers for almost all the schools that I want to apply to and I think that I have excellent albeit work LOR's.
Thank y'all very much for your time!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Write the best Personal Statement, Diversity Statement, and Grades Addendum you can. No idea about URM boost or how that works, but MA is URM and if you write a compelling DS you may be able to outperform your numbers with T14 schools. If you want to compare your chances with and without the URM box checked you may get a better idea of what a potential boost could look like. However, I would also check mylsn to see what the sample size looks like for URM applicants with your stats to see how reliable that data is. You are never guaranteed to get in or be rejected based on the predictors.

• murieldentesmurieldentes Member
    64 karma

Hey Guys, I was wondering. Any international student can be qualified as URM? I'm a brazilian student applying to T14. Thanks in advance!