Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth skipping 7Sage LR materials and focusing strictly on LG?

I'm going through 7Sage's LR videos and I can't help but think these might be a huge waste of time. Video after video of going over questions and J.Y. saying "so what?" to all of the wrong answer choices barely clarifies anything for me. Going over questions doesn't provide me with any additional substance that I wouldn't get from practicing the questions on my own. I make more progress wrestling with the questions myself. I tend to believe that the only way to get better at LR questions is to do a ton of them and BR. If there's someplace I lack understanding, I can probably just go back and watch the video for whatever concept it is. I'm only up to weakening questions in LR, so I wanted to reach out to the community and ask if these LR videos get better or if there is anyone who has skipped the videos and had good results doing so.

Comments

• Charles W.Charles W. Alum Member
    5 karma

I have been through the entire curriculum and I want to say that it truly depends, for all of the following reasons:

• What score are you shooting for? (Personally, I was shooting for a 170+) This is because it is almost necessary that you understand even the most minute details. I've found that if you continuously skip, you will waste more practice questions than usual even if you do eventually go back to catch the concept

• How do you learn best? (Again personally, I learn best by watching others do it and then copying them) so I worked most efficiently by watching J.Y.

• Lastly, I found that the way J.Y. teaches tends to build on itself. It's easier to understand what his methods are when you understand LR first. But if you already are strong in LR then by all means skip (I wasn't lol).

So to answer your question of does it get better; Personally I was bored at first but as LR got harder I saw the need to watch throughly. But I did skim some videos here and there but it was rare. Do what you believe works best. Just beware of wasting practice questions.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

For LR questions in BR, I don't usually watch his explanation for every answer choice A-E when I typically understand why 3/5 were wrong. I'll watch his explanation for the answer I chose and the answer I debated. Also, if you don't like his LR explanations, you might find more helpful explanations in the comments!