Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT score increase too slow?

asadshehryar7asadshehryar7 Alum Member
in General 19 karma

Hi everyone,
I did my cold LSAT prep test and scored an awful 140. I just did another prep test yesterday and scored a 143 after completing 45% of the core curriculum. I was wondering how long on average does it take for things to “click” before score starts increasing!? I for some reason struggle with LR more than anything!

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

It depends on what you mean by click, meaning what score you want. For logic games if you work at it, you can get to -0 ,-1 in 3-4 months. LR/RC will take longer.

• asadshehryar7asadshehryar7 Alum Member
    19 karma

A score above 160 would be my target! I guess click would also mean scoring -3/-6 on each section.

849 karma

If it helps you with a timeline, I took the November 2018 Test which I was unprepared for and scored a 152 then I took the July 2019 test, scored a 162, so that took me about 9 months. Then now in practice I score in the high 160s low 170s. So it took me another few months to go from low to mid 160s to high 160s and 170.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I am stuck in the low 160s, but my BR score is 173+. How do you recommend studying to increase towards a 170?

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    If it helps you with a timeline, I took the November 2018 Test which I was unprepared for and scored a 152 then I took the July 2019 test, scored a 162, so that took me about 9 months. Then now in practice I score in the high 160s low 170s. So it took me another few months to go from low to mid 160s to high 160s and 170.

849 karma

@Princess said:
    Hey! I am stuck in the low 160s, but my BR score is 173+. How do you recommend studying to increase towards a 170?

@zacharytsmith26 said:

I was stuck there for a long time. My weakness area was and still is LR so I started blind reviewing every LR question after a test, all 50-75 and not just the ones I circled. I think that is what has helped me.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

It's different for everyone. But from my cold diagnostic to July, I had a 12 point increase. Granted, that was 1.5 - 2 years because I was working on school, working, and had a family. It's hard to say how long it would take for someone else with different learning styles and different obligations.