Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greek Life on Law School Resume?

Hey 7Sagers!

Interesting question that I thought I'd present to the forum: I attended undergrad in the SEC and held several leadership positions within my fraternity. Greek life is huge in the SEC (my chapter had 200+ members), and is generally considered more than a means to party (operating budget of $500k+, annual philanthropic fundraising of $20k+, organizing volunteer hours, etc.). I am wondering how others feel about even including Greek life on a law school resume. Fraternities specifically have gotten a lot of negative press in recent years, and I'm wondering if including a bullet on my fraternity would be a net positive on my law school resume.

Also for context: I have been working since graduating in May 2018, was involved elsewhere on campus, and have plenty of other content I can use within my resume. Just curious if others think that including Greek life as a single bullet point would be a net positive. Would love to hear others' thoughts even if not specific to my situation!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I think it depends what your role was. If you say you were social chair (party planner), idk how favorable schools will view that. Now if you were treasurer and managed that budget of $500k, thats pretty impressive.