"Exam initiated" status - LSAC writing???

lsatstudent1lsatstudent1 Member
in General 17 karma

Hi! So I finally took the LSAT writing portion and all went well, except now under status it says "exam initiated." This strikes me as really odd...shouldn't it say "exam submitted" or "exam completed" while I await review from LSAC. I'm very concerned that it was in fact not submitted. Anyone else run into this?

Comments

• Kaurate21Kaurate21 Member
    21 karma

Hey, I took it last month and it is completely normal! I called LSAC and they told me it should change within the week, but as long as you submitted everything you should be good to go.

• lsatstudent1lsatstudent1 Member
    17 karma

Ah that's great to know. My anxiety and I thank you!!!!

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2019 917 karma

For you guys who took the lsat writing, did you have to speak into the microphone at the beginning? Im planning to take the writing sample on a quiet floor on the library and I won't be able to speak. Also there might be other people walking around me so not sure how LSAC will feel about that.

• mxe1111dmxe1111d Alum Member
    232 karma

@cooljon525 said:

Yes, you’ll have to speak to confirm the microphone is picking up sound. But that’s all.

edited October 2019 232 karma

I took my exam last week and it said the same thing. It’ll update to “results pending.” I’m still waiting to see if they’ll approve my exam.

• 32 karma

@katevu98 said:
    Hey, I took it last month and it is completely normal! I called LSAC and they told me it should change within the week, but as long as you submitted everything you should be good to go.

But how do you know if the sample was submitted. The clock counted down to 0:00 and then the software seemed to submit the sample itself. I read something along the lines of please review your "submitted sample." Just want to make sure that I didn't miss something as I accidently closed the software too quickly after viewing my response....

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Has anyone borrowed a library laptop for this? Did it meet the technology requirements?

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@mxe1111d did they approve ur exam yet?

232 karma

Yes, approved in 7 business days.