Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subtle LR changes in PT 80+

fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member

Hi everyone,

I had been practicing with the LSAT official books (50s, 60s, 70s) and I recently purchased the 80s via 7sage. I noticed that in the 80s, there's a bit of a shift with the LR. I can't quite describe the changes, but I feel like there is an increased of "debatable" questions/questions that push you to make assumptions in ways that earlier tests didn't... for example, in PT 83 section 1 #18 (LR):

If the standards committee has a quorum, then the assembly will begin today at 6:00. If the awards committee has a quorum, then the assembly will begin today at 7:00. (MBT)

In the explanation, it says that we should "safely assume" that if the assembly starts at 6 then it does not start at 7 and vice versa, however, I feel like this prompt doesn't necessarily show any indication that both things couldn't happen. I made the correct assumption based on the answer options and the wording "will begin today" (something can only "begin" once), but the greater point is, it seems like the newer LSATs include more subtleties and newer patterns like this question.... am I crazy or am I on to something?

If I'm not crazy, then for those who have scored 165+, I'm curious how you adapted to these changes.

I had been scoring in the high 160s, low 170s for the earlier PTs, but my score dropped to low 160s on both the real LSAT and on 80s PTs. I have 2 more fresh 80s that I haven't taken yet, and I'm struggling to figure out how to prepare leading up to the November test. I'd love to hear others' experiences on adapting to subtle changes in LR.

Thanks!