Scoring160 + on BR but 148-150 on Timed Recent Tests

lsat2019lsat2019 Member
in General 70 karma

Any advice on how to overcome this gap?

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Keep pushing the BR score higher. Take longer if you need to during BR so you are only missing the truly sinister questions, but more generally figure out why you are making mistakes on the questions you get wrong where time is not a factor. Is it a misunderstanding of what the question is asking you? Is it a reading accuracy issue in the stimulus or answer choices? Did you correctly focus in on the conclusion and premises in LR? Finally, make sure you foolproof LG and practice LG every day.

Your timed scores will close in on your BR scores once you’re further along in your prep. Develop a good skipping strategy so you don’t waste time staring at questions you misread or just aren’t clicking with. If you practice using a good skipping strategy you will develop good timing habits which will help you get as close to your theoretical maximum later on in your prep. You’ll also be more consistent with proper timing.

• lsat2019lsat2019 Member
    70 karma

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely use it going forward in my prep. Do you know generally how long it will take to get that BR close to your timed score? I'm studying roughly 4-6 hours a day.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

It is different for everyone. My issue was correcting bad timing habits I built up early on in my prep so it took me a little longer. Once I foolproofed LG and got to the 20 PT mark I was definitely more consistent.