Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old PTs v New Tests: The Final Push

emmmmmmm-1emmmmmmm-1 Alum Member
edited November 2019 in General 69 karma

Through my 7sage account I have access to PTs 36-58; I have taken PTs 36-43. I am also taking the November & January LSAT. For my last 6 PTs I have been consistently scoring between 165-168 (diagnostic 153) and BRing always above 170.

I started to get worried about the differences between the old and new LSATs so took PT 77 and scored just below my usual range (163) but not so much that it alarmed me. I honestly did not notice a major difference in the test - RC felt the same, LG was -1 and LR was where my score dipped but not too bad (during that hour the library was overrun with screaming 6 graders so that may be partially responsible for my dip in score).

I am wondering if there are any success stories from people who only practiced from PTs up to 58 - I really do not want to spend more money on all of the latest PTs but also it is a small price to pay for LSAT success.

I have access to some newer PTs but cannot BR them as they are with a different online course so this additional factor pushes me to want to use them as a diagnostic not a study tool.

Comments

• 242 karma

Buy a few of the newer PTs. I have found them to be significantly different. My LR scores have dipped but LG have increased significantly. Buying a few newer PTs here will show you where your weaknesses are.

• emmmmmmm-1emmmmmmm-1 Alum Member
    69 karma

Will do - that definitely sounds like the safest bet!

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

@"emmmmmmm-1" said:
    Will do - that definitely sounds like the safest bet!

Check LSAC's website. They have 71, 73, and 74 available, for free, in the interest of acclimating testers to the new digital format.

The drawback would be lack of support and video explanations, but it might be enough to help you gauge your score!

• emmmmmmm-1emmmmmmm-1 Alum Member
    69 karma

Great idea - thank you!