PT June 2007 - 4th Game

J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
in Logic Games 137 karma

I was watching JY's explanation of Game 4 regarding the recycling centers, and I have a question. Is it true that not all of the materials have to be recycled by at least one of the plants? I ask this because that must be the reason I got question 22 wrong. If N is the right answer (B), then that means that none of the centers recycles wood. Can someone let me know if that is true? If so, I made a bad assumption in the beginning of the game. Thanks!

Comments

• Julie_NYCJulie_NYC Alum Member
    edited November 2019 24 karma

It is true that all of the materials must be used at least once. Here's why you need N, hopefully this helps:

[3 Materials Needed] Center 1: (N) (T/W) (P) [ Must have 3 materials b/c you need P here - if it’s in C2 it needs to be in C1; and, P can only be used once. Cannot include G b/c you have P; if you have W, you need N. So W T cannot be a pair.]

[2 Materials Needed] Center 2: (N) (T/W) [N must be one of them for the reasons explained above - and you need T/W to fill the min of 2]

[2 or 3 Materials Needed] Center 3: (NW, NT, or T) and G [must include G, whichever material is not placed in Centers 1 and 2 above must be placed in Center 3. If that is W then you will need N; if that's T then N is optional]

• J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
    137 karma

Thanks!! I totally get it...why do some of the easiest ones stump me!!!!