Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking in January but have operation a couple of days before

Hi all. So I'm taking my LSAT next week and I've been scoring in the high 160's and low 170s on all my practice tests so far. Most of the time when I get a question wrong it's only because I read the question stem wrong. But since this is my first LSAT, I want to retake it in January just so I have one more try before applying to Law Schools. I've already started some of my applications.

The issue is that in January I'm getting a rhinoplasty procedure a couple of days before the LSAT. I know I can't push it to February because I want to apply to T-14 and T-20 schools and I feel like they wouldn't accept an LSAT as late as February, but I'm not sure.

Do you guys think my operation would have any impact on my performance on test day? It's a closed operation so I won't have stitches or anything. Is it worth the risk, or should I just take it in February instead. Ideally I would've postponed the procedure but it's been scheduled for months now and it would be too expensive to make changes at this point.

Or alternatively, I can take it in January and then once more in February, but how bad does 3 tries on the LSAT look?