Georgetown Law - 4 week early decision response

hdbalabhdbalab Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

I was reading online that Georgetown guarantees to respond to Early Decision applicants in less than 4 weeks after they apply. How does the interview fit into this timeline?

in other words, does that just mean they will tell you if you get an interview within 4 weeks? Or will they interview you, and then also tell you if you get in.

thank you!!

Comments

• Mark Z...Mark Z... Alum Member
    6 karma

Hi, I'm applying to Georgetown and was wondering this as well. Their website says "If your Early Decision application is complete by February 1, your decision will be mailed within four weeks of your complete date." So it seems to me regardless of whether you participate in an interview or not, a decision will be made and sent out to you within 4 weeks. Good luck!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

You can get in without interviewing. Before applying you should consider the cost to attend and how long it will take you to pay it back. Personally I don't think Georgetown is worth sticker unless you are doing PI.

• seviyor918seviyor918 Member
    19 karma

@10000019 said:
    You can get in without interviewing. Before applying you should consider the cost to attend and how long it will take you to pay it back. Personally I don't think Georgetown is worth sticker unless you are doing PI.

PI?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@seviyor918 said:

@10000019 said:

PI?

Public interest. If you're relying on PSLF (https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/public-service-application-for-forgiveness.pdf), then borrowing money isn't a big deal.

If you're planning on being in the private sector, there are very few schools that I would be comfortable paying sticker for. Even if you're making Big Law money, paying back that much money is brutal.

• seviyor918seviyor918 Member
    19 karma

@10000019 said:

@seviyor918 said:

@10000019 said:

PI?

Public interest. If you're relying on PSLF (https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/public-service-application-for-forgiveness.pdf), then borrowing money isn't a big deal.

If you're planning on being in the private sector, there are very few schools that I would be comfortable paying sticker for. Even if you're making Big Law money, paying back that much money is brutal.

Ahhh, makes sense. I’m an RN currently so Very familiar with PSLF.