Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Listing "Incoming" Positions on Resume

galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
edited December 2019 in Law School Admissions 224 karma

Hey guys,

I was wondering whether it's appropriate to list an incoming position on a law school resume.

The reason I want to include it is because the position is with a great organization and I'll be doing work that directly relates to the type of law I plan on practicing. Because I talked about wanting to practice that type of law elsewhere on my applications, this position would tie everything together nicely.

However, since I won't start working there until a few weeks after I submit my applications, does anyone have any advice on how to list it on my resume, or any potential downsides to doing so?

As a side note, I don't want to push back sending my apps any longer, so I've already ruled out waiting until I start the position to put it on my resume.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

If you leave the body empty and put a future date ("Spring 2020") that should capture your intention. Alternatively, in your interests you could list that field of law and mention you are joining XYZ to learn more about it.

• galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
    224 karma

That makes sense- thank you!