Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When Everything's Done, What Do You Do?

LSAT160LSAT160 Free Trial Member
in Off-topic 45 karma

When you hit your LSAT goal score, when your applications are in, and when you finally get accepted.

What do you do after, especially if you finish in lets say the early months for the next cycle admissions.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

What did you do before the LSAT?

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

Have you decided where you want to go yet? That would be step 1.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@10000019 work.

But once I'm done, thinking of taking 1 or 2 months off to go on vacation. After, get first year law books and study them before I officially start law school.

@zacharytsmith26 Yes.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

You come onto the 7sage forums and give a hand to others ;)

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

@taschasp said:
    You come onto the 7sage forums and give a hand to others ;)

Yesss

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

If you really want a headstart I've begun compiling a list of books for me to start as soon as I get to your position ^^ "1L of a ride," "Short and easy guide to (Torts)" but there are more short and easy books. And help us ^^

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@taschasp definitely!

@Markmark I am not actually there yet but hopefully will be early next year. Just wanted to get some ideas of what people did after. Espicially if and how they got ready for law school. Lots of free time in between if you say do the April exam. More than a year! Best not to waste it.

I'd love to have your list, thanks!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Podcasts galore, maybe?

• seviyor918seviyor918 Member
    19 karma

Sleeeeeepp. Clean house. Enjoy doing nothing.

• SharpieHighlighterSharpieHighlighter Alum Member
    edited December 2019 132 karma

There's a little paperback very popular with lawyers and law students called "Plain English for Lawyers." I bought it, but still haven't got around to opening it. It's a short guide on how to write effective sentences, with little exercises at the end of each chapter. That could be something to tide you over if you are looking for study materials before law school, and I'm sure it would be very useful for when you begin writing a lot.

The LWI award states: “Plain English for Lawyers … has become a classic. Perhaps no single work has done more to improve the writing of lawyers and law students and to promote the modern trend toward a clear, plain style of legal writing.”

“[P]robably the most popular legal text today…” — The New York Times, on an earlier edition

“[A] survival kit for the profession. It should be on every lawyer's desk.” — New Jersey Lawyer, on an earlier edition

Aside from studying, I'd suggest you make the most of your freedom.

• missechomissecho Alum Member
    20 karma

Scholarship saves you money while good writing saves you time. So improve your writing, like what @SharpieHighlighter suggested.

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    edited December 2019 222 karma

Omg, current law student here. Don't do too much that will cause you to burn out before you get here. Getting to Maybe is a good choice, but it might not make sense until you're midway into the semester. Take some time off and do something you enjoy!