PT4.S1.Q2 - Modern Physicians often employ

errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
edited December 2019 in Logical Reasoning 132 karma

I am having trouble diagramming this sufficient assumption question. Can someone please explain why A is correct and the others are wrong? Thank you.

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

With the old tests, its much harder to diagram. After all, the conditional logic is less clear, if there is any. I find the old SA questions to not really need diagraming at all and kind of just use intuition.

Heres what we know:
    Premise: Phycisians use lab tests + physical examinations to diagnose accurately
    Conclusion: denying coverage for lab tests decreases quality of medical care.

Well, why cant you just use the physical examinations then to achieve optimal medical care? The assumption is that you also need the lab tests for optimal care.

Theres also another assumption thats not pointed out in the answer choices, which is diagnosis has to be related somehow to quality of care, but i think thats fairly reasonable to assume.

Thats what A points out. If you negate A, and say that together they DONT provide an accurate diagnosis, then theres no reason why denying coverage for lab tests decreases quality. You can just use physical to get the same quality.

B: irrelevant, we dont need to know anything about whether or not the phycians oppose or support it.
    C: Im not even sure where this is going. What if they do have health insurance?
    D: What if there arent some illnesses you can diagnose with physical examination alone? That means you need some other form (perhaps lab tests) if anything this strengthens the argument
    E: Cost is irrelevant. Conclusion is about quality

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

sorry it put an emoji for D

• errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
    132 karma

@lexxx745 Thank you so much.