Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CONFUSED ABOUT DIGITALIZED WRITING SECTION

tiredgorltiredgorl Core Member
in General 44 karma

Hey everyone
So idk about everyone but I received an email from lsac a few days ago saying that they take into account only one of our writing sections?? or have I understood wrong? I'm generally confused b/c I'm gonna do my lsat way before I apply to law school, should I do the writing every time I do the lsat or do it the one time I get the highest mark and before I send that score for application?
Sorry if it sounds stupid lol
Thanks!!!

Comments

• Woodsy_567Woodsy_567 Member
    257 karma

You only have to complete the writing section once. The option to complete it becomes available after your first time taking the LSAT. At that point, you can take it whenever you want. Just try to do it before you submit apps so there isn't a delay.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

And to clarify, the writing sample is independent from any given test, so the score you get on the associated LSAT sitting isn't relevant.

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    2426 karma

Whenever you do the writing, make sure the ID picture is clear (you hold the ID in front of the camera taking it yourself). They canceled my first writing sample due to photo ID issue so I got to have the "fun" twice.

• tiredgorltiredgorl Core Member
    44 karma

@"Heart Shaped Box" said:
    Whenever you do the writing, make sure the ID picture is clear (you hold the ID in front of the camera taking it yourself). They canceled my first writing sample due to photo ID issue so I got to have the "fun" twice.

oh no that sucks!! thanks I will keep that in mind.

44 karma

@Woodsy_567 said:
    You only have to complete the writing section once. The option to complete it becomes available after your first time taking the LSAT. At that point, you can take it whenever you want. Just try to do it before you submit apps so there isn't a delay.

oh ok so I don't have to write it this time that I won't be using my score for applications. Thanks!

44 karma

@taschasp said:
    And to clarify, the writing sample is independent from any given test, so the score you get on the associated LSAT sitting isn't relevant.

yeah I've found that out. Thanks