7Sage Law School Prep course - anyone else signing up?

Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
in General 359 karma
I'm signing up for 7Sage's Law School Prep course now that my LSAT prep days are over. The 7Sage LSAT course was so good and I've enjoyed this online community so much, I feel confident I'll learn a whole lot - and enjoy doing so - on the law school prep course. Anyone thinking of doing likewise? Would be great to go forth with some familiar 7Sagers!!!

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would also like to know about this :)
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Im already there... Larry is an awesome instructor!
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    I'm leaning in this direction. With so much emphasis placed on 1L finals, I'm interested in learning about the testing style and how to study efficiently. A close friend said the format caught him off guard and hurt his scores which are used during OCI for 1L summer positions/internships.

I've not decided yet, but I think it's likely given my success with 7Sage so far.
    3438 karma
    @"joegotbored-1" you are totally right... Larry teaches the best methods to do well in law school... i.e. succeed in law school exams. And yeah law school does place a lot of emphasis on your final grades as they matter for employment purposes... knock 1L out of the park, and you can breathe easy knowing you have a secure future... plus you're right a (normal) law exam is not like any other exam... its usually something called an issue spotter... where you'e given a massive fact pattern or a series of fact patterns and then apply the law to that fact pattern and it can leave you going "WHAAAAA..????" I know that I freaked out the first time I saw one on my corporations exam at UPenn Law... but with Larry's methods, you can train yourself to get it right while avoiding the pit falls that law school intentionally puts in your path to success.
    3462 karma
    Who's Larry? Wait, JY doesn't teach the Law school prep course?? lol
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Just enrolled! The curriculum looks awesome.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @emli1000 Nope! J.Y. deals with LSAT, Larry with Law School. :)

That being said: Welcome to those that signed up!
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    @emli1000 don't worry.. Larry is a super cool guy who is probably funnier (if possible) than JY (though it would be a tough contest) and he definitely knows his stuff!!!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Good to know! I plan on doing this once the LSAT is out of the way.
    3462 karma
    Ahhh... I'm so used to hearing JY, it's like he's in my head when I'm doing anything LSAT related lol sometimes after BR when I go over certain questions and it's not a video by JY, instead it's Jon, my brain does NOT want to watch it because it's not JY. lol (Jon's explanations are great btw, lol) but I manage to get through it :P
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    edited February 2015 359 karma
    @emli1000 I know exactly what you mean! I think that's part of the withdrawal I'm facing... A pop up now asks me if I want to set Law School Prep as my default on 7Sage but I'm not ready - too soon... That said, I am already beginning to tune into and appreciate Larry's particular style - in fact, I'm pretty sure that Larry's going to join JY in my head before too long!

I don't want my 7Sage days to be over because of the instructors, quality of instruction, and the community. I would recommend 7Sage to anyone with an open mind and hard work ethic.
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    I'm going to be signing up the minute I see my February scores.
    12637 karma
    One thing you're going to love is how Larry addresses his students in emails. They're hilarious. A few examples:
    "Hi Dillon, My Little Texan Birthday Fruitcake"
    "Hi Dillon, My Gluten-Free Piece of Toast Slathered in Peanut Butter And Fluff"
    "Hi Dillon, My Stale Piece of Candy Corn From Last Halloween"

I laugh everytime.
    3438 karma
    Yeah.. the last one was Hi Nilesh, My Little Hershey's Hug... and I was laughing my guts out :D
    12637 karma
    Aww Hershey's Hug. I like that one.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited January 2016 578 karma
    Hey guys, I noticed this post is nearly a year old. For those of who you took the 7sage law school prep course ( @"Nilesh S" @Marie4lawschool), did it end up being helpful for 1L? It doesn't seem like it's possible to enroll for this course anymore, but I guess Larry is still offering it on his new website, Larry Law Law? I'm trying to decide whether to take the course and when to start. Would definitely appreciate your thoughts on this.
    Also, is there anything else you recommend to help prepare?
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    I'm interested in this course as well and was wondering the same thing as @mes08 -- anyone know?