Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will April 2020 LSAT be cancelled?

TlayyyyyyTlayyyyyy Alum Member
in General 80 karma

Will April 2020 LSAT be cancelled? Any thoughts?

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Given that I believe that CDC is recommending that no groups of 50 or larger gather until at least May, I am inclined to think April will be canceled unfortunately. Which likely means we will all end up deferred to June and have to hope for the best then. I hope that is not the case, but I see that being the most likely result :/

• TlayyyyyyTlayyyyyy Alum Member
    80 karma

@jmarmaduke96 I came to Canada to take March and April LSAT because they aren't administered in my home country- Now, I am debating whether I should just go home again because all flights and being suspended. Assuming the April LSAT will be cancelled, I am wondering if I should stay to see if they will offer any alternatives........

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

Dave Killoran (from PowerScore) said that LSAC will announce their final decision on whether or not it will be cancelled by April 10th.

From the looks of it, I think it might be cancelled. I looked on the LSAC website and they said that those who are registered for April can change their test dates to June/July by March 31st at no additional charge.
    https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat

• 1058 karma

I think the CDC is recommending no more than 10 people gathering now for the next 8 weeks. And several cities and one state that I’m aware of are ordering people to stay home. So I can’t imagine the April LSAT will be happening in the usual manner. I went ahead and switched to the summer since the seats are probably going to fill up quickly at the locations closest to me.

• EddieMEddieM Alum Member
    279 karma

Any idea about the feasibility of them setting up “remote testing”?

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I have no idea what the odds of them setting up remote testing are... does anyone know what that remote testing would even look like if we were implemented? I know some schools that do online exams have people download a program that makes sure they can't open anything else on their computer or anything. Maybe it would be something like that?

• 1058 karma

I would think if that happens it would be similar to how they run the writing section with remote proctoring.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

The thing is the online writing portion has had some technological complications that are still being resolved.