Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 7sage Practice exam vs Other LSAT practice exams - 7Sage Forum

7sage Practice exam vs Other LSAT practice exams

colinlang64colinlang64 Member
in General 20 karma

When I take a practice exam on 7 Sage how come there are only 4 sections and the actual test is made up of 5 sections with 1 unscored section. So I'm wondering where is the missing section and shouldn't we be preparing by doing 5 sections vs 4 since that'll only under prepare us. Thoughts? Solutions?

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

What I generally do is just make an additional section with the Problem Set creator. I generally do that section first and then begin the 4 section PrepTest. I think that doing it that way is good for two reasons. First, it is just easier logistically than getting halfway through a PT, switching to a problem set, and then back to the PT. Second, if I do the unscored section first, I know that the sections I am doing last, when I am the most fatigued, will always be scored. I think that prepares me for a worst case scenario on test day as well.

• 276 karma

Hi @colinlang64!

To take a 5th section you will need to create a custom problem set with the section you would like to take as a 5th section. If you aren’t familiar with the custom problem set interface, here are some instructions on how to do this:

Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/

Tap “Create Problem Set From Question Bank” at the top of the page
    Set the PrepTest range and section type you are looking for.
    Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like “pt01 s2” into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the left of the table to select the questions.

Tap “Create Problem Set with…”

Take the problem set.

See the GIF below:

To delete the PrepTest data, go to the PrepTest tab (https://7sage.com/preptests/) and select the PrepTest. Next tap the "delete" button. See the screenshot below:

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• colinlang64colinlang64 Member
    20 karma

Thanks that helps a bunch!