Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to build stamina to get through all passages

Any tips? Pleaaaaaase

On a recent PT I put so much energy and effort into the first 3 passages so maybe that's why- but I totally died by the 4th passage and just guessed everything. I was also running out of time.. how do I get faster and better? And stay alert through all of them.

Comments

• 1058 karma

Try reading complex books or articles for an hour each day without a break. This has helped me a lot.

• keepgoing.keepgoing. Member
    365 karma

@Stellaluna said:
    Try reading complex books or articles for an hour each day without a break. This has helped me a lot.

Thanks for the tip! Any specific books or website reccomendations ?

• 1058 karma

Do you struggle with certain types of passages more than others? Like Art, Science, Law?

I started reading through my brother’s constitutional law cases book. Honestly, the way the justices wrote in the old days is pretty complex. I know it’s a different style of writing than today but I think this could help you build stamina. I also have been reading Law 101 by Jay Feinman. I love reading about law, but this book is written kinda dry. So I consider it good practice for RC.

Also, it’s so important to try and use your imagination and visualize what is happening in the passage as you read. It helps to keep you engaged.