Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resources for getting to know law school environment since we can't visit schools

zdanlaw1991zdanlaw1991 Member
in General 80 karma

Greetings 7Sager's,
In light of this global pandemic we are going through, does anyone have any websites they can share that would give us insight into the environment of a particular law school. School visits, for obvious reasons, are cancelled and I was hoping there was some discussion boards/blogs out there to help us get a sense of what it's like to attend a particular law school.
I've had some success with Facebook messaging current students, however I was hoping some of you might have additional resources. Thanks!

Comments

• w.klemtw.klemt Alum Member
    67 karma

I can share something that has helped me! I am interested in a few schools that I could not travel to (even before the pandemic). I find that most schools have "student ambassadors" that you can reach out to, to ask questions about the journey, experience, etc. I contacted a few over email and arranged a time to speak with them on the phone which was great! I find most students are willing and eager to make time to speak with you. If a school does not have an ambassador program, I have contacted admissions and they have put me in contact with a student. Hope this helps!

• zdanlaw1991zdanlaw1991 Member
    80 karma

Great, Thank you! I am trying to avoid speaking with admission-appointed students, as I'm sure I might not get a completely objective opinion.

• w.klemtw.klemt Alum Member
    67 karma

That's very fair! Although I have found that most students I have spoken with have all given pros and cons about their various programs, even if admissions-appointed :)