Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will waitlisted students benefit from the March LSAT cancellation?

I was waitlisted at Tulane, my top choice school in March. This was before the March LSAT was cancelled. I was wondering if given the cancelled March LSAT, the modified LSAT for April, and the uncertainty of future LSATs, schools will go to their waitlists earlier than they normally would have? It seems to me that waiting for April and June LSAT scores to round out their Fall 2020 classes bumps up against seat deposit deadlines and other logistical considerations. By contrast, I also wonder if applicants who have LSAT scores from February or earlier benefit at all by applying now to some schools that may have initially seemed out of reach? In essence, I am wondering if less competitive applicants who have LSAT scores from February or earlier will receive a boost to their chances for admission?

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

I guess it's theoretically possible--if a school gets way less applicants than it was anticipating because of delayed LSATs, they might start moving people from their waitlist earlier. But I doubt that will happen. Most likely, they'll still wait until after the seat deposit deadline, and the movement off the waitlist will happen then as it usually does.

Also, in the given scenario we are talking about, it's true that chances of being admitted off the waitlist might increase, but there are so many other factors affecting this that it's hard to say (e.g. people might be more likely to want to go straight to law school rather than wait for another year to R&R for a better school if the state of the economy means they are going to be less likely to find a job for this year, etc.)