Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finished CC and doing worse on PTs!!

lsattaker101lsattaker101 Alum Member
in General 20 karma

I finished the CC and I have been getting lower PTs than before I even started LGs. I was getting -3s on the LR sections of the PTs but now that I have finished CC, I've been getting -12 on LR sections! It's like I forgot everything I learned..taking June test so I don't have too much time. Any advice on how to get my LR score back up?

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Hey there! This seems like a frustrating problem and I'm sorry you're not where you want to be. Are you doing BR on your PTs? Are you struggling with timing? If you can track which types of questions are giving you the most trouble you can go back into the CC for help. I would maybe not take a full PT for a bit and just drill LR sections until you are closer to where you want to be. I might also suggest keeping a "cheat sheet" by you with each type of major question stem and the main task for answering those. I have found this incredibly helpful and the more I practice, the less I have to use it. The CC is a lot of information and it's hard to keep everything in order straight out the gate. I'm sure you'll find improvement in the coming weeks though, so just keep at it. Good luck in June!

• cmwilliams585cmwilliams585 Alum Member
    edited April 2020 110 karma

Another possibility I've heard from many others is that they are burned out and needed to take a little break to get back to where they were! You'll get there!!