Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Tests

jmb089jmb089 Yearly Member
edited April 2020 in General 40 karma

*****I started studying intensely a month ago and I am taking the August 29, 2020 exam. How frequently should I be taking a full/time practice exam?

Comments

• 1058 karma

This depends on a lot of things. Where is your score is at now and where you want it to be? Are you going through the core curriculum? I wouldn't start PTing until you are done with that and have your foundations in place. I too think it is more profitable to do a lot of untimed work. Then work on timed sections before building up to full timed PTs. Otherwise you can wind up burning through a lot of PTs.

• jmb089jmb089 Yearly Member
    40 karma

I took a practice test when I started the course 3 weeks ago and I got a 161. My target score is 166/167. So I should wait until I compete the entre course to take another practice test? I'm taking the August exam but I won't finish the course until the middle of August- just two weeks before the exam.

• 1058 karma

You are off to a really great start. I would try to make more progress through the course if possible so that you finish it sooner. Is there a section that you are scoring best in? Maybe focus on the parts of the course that are covering the other sections where you need to gain more points. Practice your weak areas by drilling. Also, if you aren’t scoring -0 in LGs then I would also suggest you fool proof as many games as possible before PTing.

It’s best to wait to take the exam once you are already getting the score you want consistently. That being said, I wouldn’t suggest waiting until two weeks before your exam to take PTs. If there is no other way to finish the course earlier then I would advise you take a PT maybe once or twice a week starting in the summer.

• jmb089jmb089 Yearly Member
    40 karma

Great, thank you so much!

• 1058 karma

You are most welcome! If there is any other way I can help, just let me know.

Best.