Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bubbling Strategy

cameronmfraser1cameronmfraser1 Free Trial Member
edited September 2013 in General 44 karma
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I'm curious about different bubbling strategies. Any advice? I usually bubble before I turn the page--so after a full passage in RC, a full game in LG, and about 7 questions in LR--and then, after the 5 minute warning, I bubble after every question. It's such an important aspect of the test that I think gets overlooked. Any new ideas/strategies would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• garrettnicole92224garrettnicole92224 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I do it just about the same way as you. I bubble when I finish a page no matter what, so after a full game in LG, after a page of questions in LR and after a page of questions in RC (even if there's 1-2 questions on the same page as the passage, I do them as a separate page). When I get the 5 minute warning I bubble in all the unanswered letters with the "letter of the day," which is usually C/D, then work through the remaining problems and change the answers if I need to.

The only issue I run into with this is that I sometimes bubble two answers into one line, the last answer I bubbled in for one page and the first answer I bubble in for the next page. If I realize I'm making mistakes like that or rushing too much, I change to bubbling in one or two at a time to keep myself on track.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    I also do it before I turn the page. I would not say that's the only way to do it though.

I'm right handed. I place my left index finger next to the answer choice that I'm bubbling in to make sure I don't mis-bubble. I still mis-bubble every once in a while.