Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does it really help?

croma035croma035 Alum Member
in General 6 karma
Hi guys! I'm taking the June Lsat i'm scoring between 145-150. I really need to do something about my timing. If i take my time I get most correct but unfortunately that means nothing. Now, my question is, will this help me increase my score? I only work part time and I study at least 10 hours a week on a busy week. Thank you,Cheily

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Keep on drilling before you start on PTs. A fast pace on the LSAT comes with practice. The more you practice on problem sets, the sooner you will begin to see the patterns used in the LSAT.
    3462 karma
    Also, BR helps a lot. I feel that since you BR without any time constraints it helps you focus on why you might have gotten that question wrong. So it may help if you write down next to each answer choice why A-E were wrong and why you chose the AC that you did. Also, re-working old questions that you have gotten wrong under time is helpful. Make an excel or word doc and keep track of all of those questions.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    as Emli said speed comes with practice. Think of any other task you could do, say drawing. You can learn all the best ways to draw and they can come out pretty good but its gunna take you awhile as you start, but draw constantly and following the proper steps and that will just become natural and take no time at all (about to sleep and best example that I could think of) this is similar, you want to just keep going, get familiar with the patterns and as you go you'll notice each question taking less and less time. Make sure you don't just get why it is right or why something is wrong, you want to know both why each answer is as it is bc they will repeat themselves. For instance you can almost guess 2 wrong AC after reading the stimulus bc they are so repetitive and predictable once you get used to it. Keep at it, devote your time properly and you will improve
    3462 karma
    Also, a lot of the high lsat takers score so high because they know why each AC is wrong and why the 1 AC they chose is correct. Process of elimination is what will get us those high scores!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I agree with drilling and BR. I wouldn't bother with PT'ing for at least a month. Spend that going through the 7Sage curriculum and drilling the Cambridge packets.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I agree. Drill, drill, drill, and really focus on identifying WHY each of the answers are wrong compared to why the right answer is the right answer. Identify your weak and struggling areas and try to improve on those the most.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    Yes plenty of drilling, and (in my opinion) with the caveat that IF by June, you are not where you need to be, DON'T take the test... the fact that you're getting almost everything correct when you do the questions when not timed basically means that there is no issue with your understanding...speed like @emli1000 said, will come with practice... and when you can get the sky, then go out and get it.... if speed is lacking by June, wait for it... it will come!!! Remember / #notwhereyouwanttobe ----> / #taketest
  • croma035croma035 Alum Member
    6 karma
    Thank you for taking your time !