Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on June LSAT Flex versus pushing the test back

raevco25raevco25 Alum Member
in General 139 karma

I have been studying with 7Sage for 6 months, with the first 3 months only spending about 1-2 hours per day. Recently with quarantine freeing up some time I have really ramped up my studying, and will complete the Core Curriculum in the next 2 weeks. I have signed up for the June test, but it has recently been announced that it will be a Flex test. With this test not being in person, I am now conflicted as to whether I should just take the June test and hope that August is in person for a second test, or push the test back to July and hope that one is in person. Obviously, pushing the test back would give me more time to study, but it is also unclear if any tests in the next few months (or even the rest offered this year) will be in person.

I would love to know what you all think about the Flex test, and how you are making your decisions as to whether to go ahead and take the Flex test or push your testing date back.

Comments

• ARMANC74ARMANC74 Member
    210 karma

Kind of unrelated but if i were you I would push the test back for the sole reason of giving yourself more time to do the practise tests. You stated you're done the CC or planning on it within the next 2 weeks, that isn't really giving yourself a sufficient amount of time to do multiple practice tests/blind review/using the analytics to go back and work on areas that you're not scoring as well in. That's just my two cents though! When you have time, use it!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

^I second this, I think push back because you haven't PT'd enough.

• bfc9czbfc9cz Core Member
    48 karma

If you want to push back your test date to do more PTs, that's one thing, but I would not delay simply in the hope that future tests will not be LSAT Flex. I would be very surprised if the July and August tests are in-person. LSAC is prepared to replace future test dates with LSAT Flex indefinitely depending on restrictions.

• 4 karma

How much time should you give yourself to PT?

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    393 karma

I asked pretty much the exact same question last week and opened a poll, definitely check it out. About 70% of voters advised to take the July instead of June. I have a hunch that July will be flex as well but I personally see that as an advantage because we’d have the opinions of test takers from both the May and June flex exams. I’d say if you’re approaching mid to late May and aren’t happy with your average PT scores then commit to July. Also, make sure that you can dedicate 2 full weeks immediately before test day to nothing but lsat if possible.

• 414 karma

You could also take a timed PT after your completion of CC to have an idea of where you are at, and make a decision based on that score.