Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neighbor & LSAT flex

kateyyyyykateyyyyy Member
in General 67 karma

I'm a little bit unsure if I should risk it at this point (probably not).

The unit next to me is super loud, from crazy loud music that I can hear all over my unit, and someone yelling or fighting anytime of the day. Been using noise cancelling headphones while studying or working. Some of the people at our floor decided to report them but the issue got more worse after all the complaints. In addition, my state just started slowly reopening and the construction next to our building just resume this week.I kept on pushing back my exam because of this issue. Originally signed for April, then switched it to June, now I'm signed up for July.

Sighed I just need a space to vent, hoping for better days ahead. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this times :) Happy Studying!

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe a library study room will be reopened and you could bring your laptop. I hope a solution emerges soon. It's so unfair that the unit is being like this.

• 414 karma

So sorry to hear that. Take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like I’ve read somewhere that the LSAC provides accommodation for some people to take the flex test at a hotel room. I’d call and ask about this if I were you!

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

I've gone through the same process. I was signed up for April and postponed it twice. Now I have a coupon that I can use up until April 2021 due to the ongoing circumstances. Honestly, I wouldn't stress taking it in the near future, and use this time to study as much as possible. Especially since your environment at home is unfortunately not conducive to putting forth your best effort. Unless you are planning to apply late for the Fall 2020 semester and need to take it ASAP? From what I've seen, a lot of admissions offices are extending their deadlines, so there's less pressure to take the test early on if that is what you're worried about.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Or maybe going to a friend's home and cleaning afterwards to follow the social distance guidelines?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Oh that sucks. I used to live across a thin wall from a shitty jazz band. I’d take construction and fighting any day over that, lol, but still sounds pretty terrible. Got to just decide whether you can or you can’t. Make the call and commit to the decision. If the decision is to take it, then work through the ruckus if it happens.