PT38.S3.Q6-- help -- process of elimination question

DarklordDarklord Alum Member
edited May 2020 in Reading Comprehension 586 karma

Hi,

So this question was really bugging me: I was easily able to eliminate B, C, and D. However, E (which was actually a wrong answer choice) just didn't look like it was found in the passage because although "meadows and glades" were mentioned on line 28, I couldn't find evidence that these were found "in forests".

In addition, I crossed out A (which was actually the right answer) because, despite the fact that they mentioned how all the fires "varied" from one another, I thought E was a trick answer choice and line 26 showed a possible similarity-- that if all the fires all had different effects from natural fires, this counted as a similarity.

Can anyone explain how we can know that E's "meadows and glades" were found in forests, and why A is right?

All #help would be appreciated!

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-38-section-3-passage-1-questions/

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

The question asks for the practice of forest burning by native populations:
    I find that answer choice A: “the similar characteristics of fires in different regions” is not cited by the author as the characteristics of the fire were varied.

Answer choice E: “the presence of meadows and glades in certain forests” were created grassy openings in the forest and factor into the development of the ecosystem.