Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strengthen/ Weaken Webinar- Mastering one of the pillars of LR, Saturday 7:30 PM Eastern

FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
edited May 2020 in Logical Reasoning 2042 karma

Strengthen and Weakening questions are one of the four pillars of modern LR. I am going to share how changing my mindset and process helped me go from being a very average test taker who was often down to 2 answer choices ( and always seemed to choose the wrong one or change on BR) to mastering these questions.

I want to enable you not only to get these questions right more consistently but also to help you find the right path to taking control of LR and your testing experience. If you have struggled with these questions or felt under-confident during LR, please join me on Saturday!

Zoom Link to be posted shortly!

Kimberly Delano is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: My Meeting
Time: May 23, 2020 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7769566542

Meeting ID: 776 956 6542
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,7769566542# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,7769566542# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 776 956 6542
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ktylOppuB

Comments

• Jeff----Jeff---- Alum Member
    205 karma

I will be there. Looking forward to the Zoom Link.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to meeting you!

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

So excited for this!!!

2042 karma

@"Princess Carolyn", Thank you very much! I am too :)

• 105 karma

Really looking forward to this, thanks a lot! What would you classify as the three other pillars of modern LR?

• Cooper28Cooper28 Alum Member
    18 karma

I would love to watch this but I cannot during that time. Is there anywhere/anyway you might post this for access after the zoom meeting?

• BLS231196BLS231196 Alum Member
    74 karma

Looking forward to this!

2042 karma

@"shan.55" said:
    Really looking forward to this, thanks a lot! What would you classify as the three other pillars of modern LR?

The pillar classification is actually Powerscore's idea, and one I totally agree with. They classify the 4 pillars of the modern LSAT as: Assumptions ( necessary/ sufficent), Flaw, MBT, and Strengthen/Weaken.

I would strongl agree that to do well on LR, these are areas that you want to be rock solid on.

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

Look forward to this!

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Looking forward to some insight.

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

Interested!

• Lsat1750Lsat1750 Member
    43 karma

Definitely interested!

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

Interested, thanks so much!!

• keller.kristykeller.kristy Core Member
    22 karma

Interested like the rest of my fellow Sagers! Looking forward to it.

2042 karma

Hi Everyone! The link is posted above, looking forward to seeing you tonight!

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

7:30 pm Eastern or Pacific time? The post says both, thanks!

205 karma

@FindingSage HI there, I just wanted to check with you. Did you do the meeting, I tried to log on and nothing happened. Idk if this was a problem on my end. Did you by any chance recorded it?

2042 karma

Hey Jeff, No I didn't record it actually. We discussed a few questions towards the end and I didn't want to take any risk with LSAC. Alot of people attended so not sure perhaps there was an issue that I didn't know about? I enjoyed this so will consider doing another webinar if people are interested. Maybe not on strengthen/weak necessarily but I could also do a webinar on other areas people need help with.

205 karma

@FindingSage Well, that is very unfortunate. I really wanted to hear your thoughts and strategies on Strength/Weak Q's. I was really looking forward to it. :( I will keep an eye out for your future webinars. I need all the help I can get.

2042 karma

I am so sorry Jeff! I will also consider doing a future webinar on strengthen/ weaken again as well. I truly had no idea so many people would come.

2042 karma

Thank you to everyone who attended the webinar tonight! I was both shocked and truly flattered at how many people joined. I apologize for some technical issues, first time ever hosting a zoom meeting. I hope people enjoyed it and found some strategies they want to implement into their prep.

• pvlsatpvpvlsatpv Live Member
    31 karma

Thank you, Kim! You were thorough and clear in your explanations. Thank you for taking the time.
    Also, to piggy back off of this thread...
    Please email me if you're interested in starting a reading comp study group like Kim mentioned during our call.
    lynnkim@gmail.com

• dburgin14dburgin14 Member
    27 karma

I don't get the notifications for these things. Is there a recording?

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Thank you so much for doing this, Kim! Very grateful to you for sharing your suggestions for helping us improve!

• nomomnomnomomnom Member
    412 karma

@pvlsatpv said:
    Thank you, Kim! You were thorough and clear in your explanations. Thank you for taking the time.
    Also, to piggy back off of this thread...
    Please email me if you're interested in starting a reading comp study group like Kim mentioned during our call.
    lynnkim@gmail.com

Definitely interested! will email in a sec :)

2042 karma

@pvlsatpv Thank you so much for coming and your kind words! I have tried a few different study groups now and they basically fell apart because people were not consistent. For me, part of the silver lining of Covid-19 is that I am now spending the time that I would have spent commuting to work studying for 1-2 hours every day. I will PM you about the group in case timing may be good for you as the group is still fairly small. But if timing doesn't work for you and you end up forming your own, I would be happy to join you guys for a session or two if you like.

2042 karma

@dburgin14 - there is no recording. I have seen some of the Sages hosting webinars and they are not recording ( presumbly because questions are being discussed in detail and no one wants any issue with LSAC) so I followed suit. I may consider doing another webinar on strenghten/ weaken or possibly another area of the LSAT that people need help with. @Hopeful9812 - thank you so much for coming! I wish I had the "silver bullet" to share with everyone that would make this test so much easier that it is but changing how I approach the test, even with it being a lot of work, has made so much of a difference for me. I am not the same test taker I was 6 months ago, even 2 or 3 months ago so it really is worth it.