Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to 7sage: What's up with the requirement to purchase the $99 LSAC Prep Plus?

D_man1071D_man1071 Member
in General 130 karma

Hey there, returning 7sage user here. Why is it required to have the 'LSAC Prep Plus' bundled with the monthly subscription? I don't remember this being a requirement in the past.

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

Short version is that LSAC changed their licensing scheme, so now all courses are required to go through Prep Plus.

• D_man1071D_man1071 Member
    130 karma

Thanks!

• sarahisksarahisk Member
    272 karma

We aren't meant to purchase the account on our own if we've been grandfathered into our accounts, right? I can't access any of the course material any more because I'm having issues with connecting to the Prep Plus account.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@D_man1071 said:
    Hey there, returning 7sage user here. Why is it required to have the 'LSAC Prep Plus' bundled with the monthly subscription? I don't remember this being a requirement in the past.

Hi there,

Prep Plus was recently launched by LSAC. It is a subscription that cost $99/year. Every student who wants to use a prep course that uses real LSAT questions must have an active LSAC Prep Plus subscription. That includes us, 7Sage, and any other LSAT prep course that uses real LSAT questions.

Note that you only need one LSAC Prep Plus subscription no matter how many prep courses you use. That means that if you use prep courses from multiple companies, you don't need to purchase multiple LSAC Prep Plus accounts. You can use the same one.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@sarahisk said:
    We aren't meant to purchase the account on our own if we've been grandfathered into our accounts, right? I can't access any of the course material any more because I'm having issues with connecting to the Prep Plus account.

Hi there,

Yes, grandfathered accounts are not required to purchase a LSAC Prep Plus subscription.

I looked into your account and from our end it seems like you were able to successfully link your LSAC Prep Plus account to your 7Sage account. However, if you are still having trouble, please let us know.