Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT-Flex Tips?

bonadurerjbonadurerj Core Member
in General 12 karma

Hi everyone! It was just announced that the July LSAT will now be administered online as the LSAT-Flex format. I was hoping that anyone who took the previous LSAT-flex administrations could give advice to us who are about to take it!
Here are some question I have:

• How do you wish you would have studied differently to account for the new format?
  • Do you have any advice for test day and dealing with the online proctoring system?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Be sure to use lawhub a few times before test day.

Test your equipment with the live ProctorU support with the exact setup you will be using beforehand.

Don't skip your free minute between sections.

Don't stall on the instructions page - your time is already running.

Confirm with your proctor that they know that any noise, interruptions, or time taken away from you by them taking control of your screen will likely ruin your test.

I was able to use legal sized lined paper.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@canihazJD, How did you talk with proctors beforehand about how this is such an important test and we need a quiet environment/please don't talk or chat with us when we're working on sections? What did you say or write? Thanks!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

My proctor came on audio to begin with for the security checks, etc.. Once everything was good to go, I literally said, "I've seen reports of many test takers being interrupted, proctor audio being left on, or proctors taking control of the screen, costing time they cannot give back. Any of those would ruin a take of this test, so what can we do beforehand to make sure that doesn't happen?"

The proctor (who was in the Philippines) said, "That's because they're noobs. We've been hiring a lot. We won't have that problem."

Of course, halfway through the test, room service (I used a hotel room to avoid noisy family/neighbors) comes barging in despite the "do not disturb" door tag. Can't win.